The Programmable Stimulator
8 independent channels
Repetitive, Single, and Train outputs
Switching between experiments
User friendly and easy to operate
Master-8 is designed to meet a broad range of physiological stimulation requirements
• 8 channels with repetitive, single and train outputs.
• Monophasic, biphasic, twin and twin-biphasic pulses．
• All channels can be operated independently or synchronized to produce complex paradigms
• Use some channels to stimulate your preparation, while other channels to trigger other instruments (PC, oscilloscope, etc.) in synchronization with the stimulation.
Wide range of time intervals between pulses/trains: time intervals from 60 µsec (16,666 PPS) to 3,999 sec (1/3999 PPS)!
4 digit resolution：for example, set the pulse delay to be 10.01 milliseconds.
• Modification on-the-fly: modify parameters without stopping the stimulation. For example, while stimulating, switch the stimulation rate from one range to another (e.g. from 98 PPS to 102 PPS).
• Simple switch-off stimulation: important for cases where immediate stimulation cut off is required.
A stand-alone stimulator that can also be programmed via a PC
• As a stand alone unit – all parameters are set by the front panel keys. You can switch between 8 stored independent experiments, each using all channels.
• When connected to a PC – you can set all parameters by the front panel keys or by your PC.
The PC can also modify Master- 8 parameters in accordance with experiment feedback, and upload/download new experiments. The communication is bidirectional, through a standard USB interface.
• Scheduler: when connected to a PC use the powerful scheduler to trigger channels, modify parameters and switch between experiments at scheduled times.
Each Master- 8 channel can operate in any of the following modes:
Free-Run: the channel delivers repetitive pulses.
Trig: single pulse after triggering (manually, internally from other channels, or externally).
Train: train of pulses after triggering.
DC: the channel delivers a DC output independent of time settings.
Gate: each time an external signal is applied the channel delivers repetitive pulses. Whenever the external input stops the channel stops operating.
Each channel can be internally connected to any other channel with no need to connect wires between channels. Each channel can be internally connected to multiple channels simultaneously.
Each channel operates within the following ranges:
Parameter Min Max
Number of Pulses per Train 1 59990
Pulse Duration 40 μsec 3999 sec
Delay Time 100 μsec 3999 sec
Interval Time (1/rate) 60 μsec 3999 sec
Each channel delivers output pulses with amplitudes ranging from -10V to +10V, and with a maximum current of 20mA.
Three additional outputs deliver combined multilevel pulses:
Out 2+3 Biphasic Pulses
Out 6+7+8 Tri-level pulses
Combined Output Up to 7 level pulses
Two Additional Clocks
In addition to its standard 8 channels, Master-a features 2 internal clocks:
The first clock counts the time in seconds up to 24 hours and is used to measure the time elapsed from an event (for example, the beginning of the experiment).
The second clock counts the time in tenths of a second up to 1 hour and is used to measure intermediate times.
110/230 volt, 50/60 Hz
Master-8 can be mounted on a standard 19-inch rack.